Every fall Disney’s EPCOT takes you even deeper into different cultures within the World Showcase with the Annual Food and Wine Festival. Even if you are not a foodie, you will love this event. So many flavors. so much delicious food. Not only is there food and wine, there are demonstrations, classes, entertainment, and celebrity chefs. Here are some practical tips to help you get the most out of Disney’s Food and Wine Festival.
10 Tips for Enjoying EPCOT’s Food & Wine Festival
- Find out the dates ASAP and book your trip. This year the event will take place September 25th to November 16th. I suggest doing at least one full day, more days if you really want to try everything. My husband and I went for one day last year and it was not enough time at all.
- Set a budget. Luckily, there is NOT a separate charge for getting into the Food and Wine Fest, but special demonstrations are costly. Each sample/drink is around $5. Most of the samples are considered snacks on the Disney Dining Plan. My husband and I set a $50 budget for the day and ran out of time to spend it all, we weren’t doing drinks though. You can check out all the food I tried in my EPCOT Food and Wine Festival 2014 Trip Report.
- Make safety a priority. Even without the Food and Wine Fest people like drinking around the World Showcase. There are even more options to indulge during the festival. If you are staying off property, spend the little bit more to stay on property or spring for a cab. If you are on Disney property, please let Disney do the driving. Please also remember, this is still supposed to be a FAMILY FRIENDLY event. Please act responsibly.
- Sign up for demonstrations as soon as you can (if your budget allows). Booking for the special events begin July 30th. 2015. Special events can be booked by calling 407-WDW-FEST (407-939-3378). These events are costly and I would love to attend one someday, but they are just not in my budget. I don’t think they are absolutely necessary to enjoy the event.
- Drink enough water. Drinking alcohol can dehydrate you quicker and the heat is still going pretty strong in late September/October. I would save money and bring my own water bottle to refill at the water fountains. You can also get free ice waters at all quick service dining locations. A lot of people also order water from Amazon and have it shipped to their resort.
- Be willing to try new things. The best part of the Food and Wine Festival is having all these new and tasty foods to try. I am about the pickiest person ever especially since I have sensory issues with taste. I committed to at least try everything. I would rather try and not like, then never try and miss out on a new favorite. Try something even if you don’t like the particular food at home, they probably cook it differently and you might like it.
- Pack digestive aids just in case. Since you are trying new foods, you are not positive how your digestive system will process them. Everything might fine, but it better to be safe than sorry.
- Explore Future World during the first 2 hours. EPCOT usually opens at 9am, but the World Showcase doesn’t open until 11. You should be able to get in Test Track, Mission Space, and Soarin’ all before the festival starts using FastPass+.
- Start “backwards” with Canada. Most people start the opposite direction so at least in the beginning of the day you are missing a lot of long lines and can end up visiting more booths.
- Have fun! The event is more than just the food and wine. Attend the Eat to the Beat Concerts (see schedule HERE), let the kid’s play the NEW Remy’s Ratatouille Hide and Squeak Scavenger Hunt, look for special street performances, chat with the World Showcase Cast members to learn even more about their country. Totally immerse yourself into each culture.
What is your favorite part of Disney’s Food and Wine Festival?
Bonus Tip: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like A2M Travel. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice, and their services are totally FREE!