Hollywood Studios, Epcot, and Magic Kingdom may have a lot of cool characters to meet, but I love the Character Meet & Greets at the Animal Kingdom Right now there are seven character experiences that are not at the other 3 parks. I would have to say meeting Dug and Russel are my favorite!
Character Meet & Greets at the Animal Kingdom
- Dug and Russell. Dug and Russell are so fun to meet at the Animal Kingdom. They are located right before the entrance to It’s Tough to be a Bug. Tip: Look for the squirrel and point it out to Dug. They do sign autographs. RELATED POST: 20+ Things Characters will Autograph
- Flik. Flik is out most of the time but is sometimes replaced by other characters such as Terk, Miss Bunny, or Thumper. He does sign autographs.
- Tarzan. Tarzan meets along the Discovery Island Trail which is located opposite of Starbucks. He does sign autographs.
- Pocahontas. Pocahontas’ line can get very long. Plan to visit when her meet and greet begins or later in the day. She does sign autographs. Learn to wave Wingapo and she will love that!
- Baloo and King Louie. They are a fun pair to meet. They are found in Asia at Upcountry Landing. They are such fun to play with. They are also at the Magic Kingdom in the Move It, Shake It, Play It Parade but you can’t really get a photo opp with them.
- Rafiki. Rafiki can usually be found near the entrance to the Animal Kingdom and Rafiki’s Planet Watch. He does sign autographs.
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse. You can Fastpass this wonderful duo, but it is not really needed. I have never waited over 30 minutes for them. Their line is also inside so you can enjoy the wait while cooling down. This is the only place on Walt Disney property where Mickey and Minnie Mouse are together for a photo.
Animal Kingdom is one of the best parks for character interactions in my opinion because of all the rarer characters that are no where else on property.
Other Characters that Meet at Animal Kingdom
- Goofy, Donald Duck, and Pluto in DinoLand
- Chip and Dale at Rafiki’s Planet Watch
- Sometimes during Valentine’s Day Jane meets with Tarzan, John Smith is with Pocahontas, and Atta is with Flick. (Related Post: Things To Do at Disney on Valentine’s Day)
- Occasionally Thumper meets at the beginning of the park, usually in training for Easter or race weekends.
- If you are looking for Character Dining at the Animal Kingdom, Tusker House offers a character dining meal.
I am excited to see what the opening of the Pandora section will bring character wise.
Which Animal Kingdom character are you most excited to meet?
Bonus Tip: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like A2M Travel. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice, and their services are totally FREE!