Though Walt Disney World can be expensive, they offer a lot of Disney park freebies for you to enjoy while you are enjoying your vacation. Some of the freebies can seem insignificant but can be transformed into magical souvenirs. Grab these freebies to enjoy Disney on a Budget!
Disney Park Freebies (all parks)
- Free Ice Water. All quick service locations in all of the parks and at all of the resorts offer free ice water. If you dislike the taste you can add flavor packets, such as Crystal Light. I personally find the water to be just fine, but that could be because I am used to Florida water.
- Free Celebrating Buttons. If it is your first visit, you are celebrating a birthday, an anniversary, getting married, graduation, or any other occasion under the sun you can get a free Celebration Button at Guest Relations and most gift shops.
- Over the counter Medication. Hopefully, this is one freebie you will be able to pass on. Each of the theme parks has a first aid station staffed with nurses to assist you with minor injuries and sicknesses. They’ll also provide you, free of charge, with a few doses of many over-the-counter medications, including antihistamines, antacids, and acetaminophen, as well as bandages in several sizes. (Related Post: The Ultimate Walt Disney World Packing List)
- Magic Bands. Whether you are a resort guest or not, you can receive a Magic Band when you book your vacation. Many people decorate the bands at home to personalize it since custom bands at Disney are a bit pricey.
- Recipes. If you love a recipe at a table service restaurant, ask for the recipe. When I went to Boma, I wanted the recipe for the soup and the chef came out and gave me all the recipes. You could create your own Disney cookbook based on all of your Disney Dining Experiences! Try The Grey Stuff, it’s delicious even when made at home!
- Stickers. There are more than just the traditional Mickey Mouse Stickers too! I have gotten Princess ones, Donald Duck, Goofy, and more. I love putting them in my scrapbook or using them when sending cards.
- Cupcake. Sometimes you can get a free cupcake on your birthday at a table service restaurant. Not guaranteed, but I haven’t celebrated a birthday in years where I didn’t receive one.
- Passholder/DVC Freebies. If you are a passholder or DVC member you get a free car magnet. You also get free stuff during special events like Flower & Garden and Food & Wine.
- Soda Samples (unlimited). At Epcot you can get free soda samples from around the world at Club Cool. Eight flavors to choose from. You should try the Beverly! 😉 (Related Post: Coca-Cola Beverage Bar at Disney Springs)
- Duffy Bear Puppets. Kids can have a lot of fun at the World Showcase coloring a fun Duffy Bear at each country. This is a totally free activity and really cute! Introduce Duffy the Bear with his storybook, Duffy: The Disney Bear, Mickey’s New Friend from Amazon.
Magic Kingdom Freebies
- Free Pixie Dust. At the Magic Kingdom you can get Pixie Dusted for Free at Castle Couture in Fantasyland. This is for adults too!
- Trading Cards. Play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom for free. This game has really cool trading cards that you get for free at the Firehouse. You can also play A Pirates Adventure too and get treasure hunt maps and cards.
- Bookmarks. Guests who participate in the story at the Enchanted Tales with Belle attraction are given a Belle bookmark at the end of the performance.
- Food Samples. Most of the time that I visit the Main Street Confectionary, there is a Cast Member walking around with a tray full of samples for guests to try. Plus, there is almost always a tray of fudge samples sitting on top of the main display case.
Animal Kingdom Freebies
- Be a Wilderness Explorer. This is a free game at the Animal Kingdom where you earn badges (stickers) for doing certain activities ranging from animal observation to nature skills. Explore Disney’s Animal Kingdom through this challenge, and have the chance to earn over 30 badges!
Do you love Disney? Then join the Pixie Dusted Disney Fans Facebook Group! You can ask questions, share photos, and trip reports!
Bonus Tip: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like A2M Travel. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice, and their services are totally FREE!