Do you love getting at Dole Whip while at the Disney World Resort. After trying my first Dole Whip a couple weeks ago I feel in love with them. I knew I had to make my own version at home. I looked up the ingredients and found out the Dole Whip is very, very processed. I decided to come up with a DIY Dole Whip that seems more real to me.
Warning: The original Dole Whip is dairy free, my version has dairy in it.
My husband decided he wanted his as a float.
Sadly, it does not taste identical to the Disney version, but it is close enough for me to imagine sitting in Adventureland or relaxing at the Polynesian resort.
If you want the exact Dole Whip at Disney you can buy the Dole Pineapple Soft Serve Mix from Amazon, unfortunately they only sell it in very large quantities.
- 3 cups Pineapple Sherbet
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Pineapple Juice
- 4 drops yellow food coloring
- Beat whipping cream until it form nice soft peaks and doesn't fall off a spoon.
- Add sugar and beat to blend.
- In a blender, blend pineapple sherbet, pineapple juice, and food coloring.
- Fold blended ingredients into whipped cream.
- Pour into a gallon sized bag.
- Freeze 3-4 hours for soft serve consistency.
- Serve. To make a float just add some pineapple juice.