Getting pampered is really good for you. It helps relieve stress and makes you feel amazing. Plus, the treatments are good for your body. I can’t afford to go to a spa all the time though. I might get a occasional manicure or pedicure but usually I do DIY Spa Day.
Tips to have a DIY Spa Day on a Budget
- Pick the quietest, cleanest room in your home. For me my bathroom and bedroom are the rooms with the least amount of distraction. Part of the beauty of a spa is that it takes you away from the distractions of everyday life. Since you are not going away from your real life, you need to make do with a close second.
- Decide on 2-4 spa treatments to do. Even at home spa days can get pricey if you decide you want a lot of treatments. For myself, I like one bath soak product like Lavender Salt or recipe, a facial, pedicure, and manicure. If the husband is home I might throw a massage in there too!
- Make a simple spa water recipe the night before so it is nice and cool when you start your time.
- Prepare a simple lunch for yourself the day before. Make sure you have it prepped and ready to eat. Since part of a spa day is to detox a bit. Make it a healthy, light lunch like little sandwiches, fruits, and veggies.
- Set the mood with candles. Yankee Candles have some really fantastic calming scents that will help set the mood.
- Set the mood with free music. Pandora has a wonderful relaxation station. I even have an ocean dreams station that just plays waves and rain forest type sounds. One of my favorite things to do is to put on some worship music and use the time to talk and fellowship with God.
What is your favorite thing to do during a DIY spa day?
Title Photo Credit: Flick CC (text added)