I saw this orange creamsicle cake pin on Pinterest and thought it looked easy enough. Substituting the oil for Greek yogurt makes it a little bit more healthy for you too! Greek yogurt goes on sale a lot at Publix and can usually be picked up for around 30¢ to 70¢ per cup after coupons.
You can find the original recipe here. I did make some adjustments, so here is my recipe.
Orange Creamsicle Cake
- 1 box (15.25 oz) White Cake Mix
- 1 container (6 oz) non-fat Greek yogurt, plain (if I did this recipe again, I would try to find a citrus flavored yogurt)
- 1 cup + 2 TBL orange juice, (when I tried the recipe with just the one cup suggested it looked really dry)
- 1 egg (since the mix looked really dry I added one egg)
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Place all ingredients in the mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour into a greased 9X13 baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven about 30 minutes.
We decided to make a cream cheese icing and added some OJ to that too. The cake was so moist and was a hit at my Christmas eve dinner.