Disclaimer: I received complimentary admission to Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium Orlando in exchange for review on the blog. All opinions are my own.
The Orlando area has much more to offer than just Walt Disney World and Universal Studios. I got to check another item off my Orlando Bucket list this past week by exploring the oddities at the Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium Orlando.
You start seeing the oddities as soon as you spot the building on iDrive. The building appears to be falling in a sinkhole. It is tipped and funny looking. Good thing it is just a prank, I wouldn’t really want the Odditorium to fall in a sink hole. Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium offers a lot of fun for the whole family.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium Tips
- Don’t pay full price for tickets. Grab the Orlando Savings Book from Entertainment.com. They have coupons for Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium Orlando and several other great Orlando attractions such as Gatorland and Titanic the Experience. Plus, tons of dining coupons!
- Schedule about 2 hours to tour the Odditorium. The Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium is not a full day affair. This would be a great option for a non-Disney park day. I read reviews that said it only takes an hour to tour the place. It takes more time than that if you really play with the exhibits, read what certain exhibits are, and take lots of fun photos.
- Grab some cheap souvenirs. There is a pressed penny machine, so you can add a couple more vacation pennies to your Florida vacation collection. When you start the tour, you are offered a $2 fun guide to go along with the exhibits. I bought it because it shares snippets of facts and it is cheaper than the full Ripley’s Special Edition 2016 book.
- Some areas may be inappropriate for small children. Those areas are easy to quickly pass. Some areas to avoid would be the medieval area, the head hunting area, and the coffin area. Those exhibits have some disturbing images and recreations. It is neat though to see how head hunting takes place. Makes the scene on Disney’s Jungle Cruise more interesting because now I know the background.
- Parking is Free. The parking is free, but the lot is small. If the lot is full, you can probably park at a nearby restaraunt or gift shop and walk over.
Oddities I Loved at the Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium Orlando
- Disney Oddities. The Odditorium had enough Disney and Marvel exhibits to keep this Disney loving girl happy! Before you even enter the odditorium, you see a WALL-E replica.
- The Unbelievable World of Illusions. I am always a fan of games and fun that test your skills and senses. I could have spent so much time in this area. Don’t worry if you get stuck, answers are nearby.
- The Odd Artwork. Forget paint, pens, markers, and crayons these portraits are made from some of the oddest things like butterfly wings, pills, sugar, candy, lint, playing cards, and more.
- The exit hallway. The hallway you use to exit may have you feeling a little dizzy and disorientated. It is really fun though. It feels like you are moving and the walls circle around you.
I really enjoyed exploring the Ripley’s Believe It or Not Odditorium Orlando and shared just a snippet of all the fun things you can see. I think you will enjoy Ripley’s too. Ripley’s has also given me a family 4 pack of tickets to give away! Click here to enter the giveaway!
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium Orlando is located at 8201 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819. Official website is http://www.ripleys.com/orlando/. You can also find Ripley’s on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
What oddity are you most interested in seeing at Ripley’s? Let me know in the comments!