I love this salsa recipe! This is the second year of making roasted salsa. The roasting of the tomatoes gives a deep smoky flavor all throughout. This is salsa recipe is one where you can customize it by how spicy you like it. I tend to do a medium heat, my husband prefers hotter. If you are canning this recipe, please use less fresh herbs and garlic as it will turn bitter the longer it sets.
- 16 full size tomatoes
- 10-15 peppers, We used a mix of Serrano, Jalopeno, Redhots, sweet red, yellow, and orange
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 Tbsp salt
- 1-2 bunches cilantro
- 2-3 Tablespoons Agave Nectar
- Halve the tomatoes and onions and lay cut-side up on a grill
- Roast till the onions look nice and translucent, tomatoes look soft, and peppers are getting a nice char on them
- Let it all cool a bit, then run through the food processor with salt and cilantro
- Stir it all together.
- If you made a smaller batch you can just eat it or you if you made a large batch, follow canning instructions.