I have been mentioning that this plus-sized princess has the runDisney Princess 10K on her bucket list! Well, this past Tuesday I signed up for the race! Signing up was an experience all its’ own. runDisney races usually sell out within a half an hour or sooner. I was ready though, with my active.com account opened and my CC handy! My money is paid so no backing out now! I am so excited to begin my runDisney Princess 10K Training. I hope you follow along with me, be sure to subscribe for email updates!
runDisney Princess 10K Training
To be able to complete any Walt Disney World race and grab your medal, you need to to be able to maintain a 16 min/mile pace. I am currently at a 20 min/mile pace, and am usually spent by the 3 mile mark. My ultimate goal is 10 min/mile because I would like to grab a couple character pictures along the route.
Month 1 Goals
- Find a low cost gym that I can use.
- Wear my FitBit everyday. When I wear it, it helps keep me on track for food choices and being more active. If you are looking for a Fitness tracker, the Fibit is one of the best ones out there. I got mine at Target when they were doing a promotion where you get a free water bottle with purchase.
- Walk 4-5 times at week, reaching a goal of at least 10,000 steps. I will probably do this on a treadmill since I am prone to heat sickness. The feels like temps have been around 105-110 degrees lately.
- No eating out for the next 30 days. If I am at Disney, it is ok since I will have extra steps. I usually never have less than 14,000 steps on a Disney Day. If I need to eat out other than at Disney, my only acceptable place is Subway.
- Make a motivational poster.
- Lose 10 pounds.
One of the best parts of doing a Disney race is dressing up. The theme for the 2017 runDisney Princess Half Marathon Weekend is rumored to be Beauty and the Beast. That makes sense since the live action is coming out around that time. Though I do love Beauty and the Beast, my favorite princess is Cinderella, so I have to make my inaugural race one that is close to my heart. I will be sharing my product recommendations (training clothes, gear, shoes, etc) and the way I am going to be making my race outfit.
If you have done a runDisney race before, please share with me your best tips in the comments. Is doing a runDisney race on your bucket list?