You can save a lot at Winn-Dixie! You can save on more than groceries too with the Fuel Perks Program.
Items to Buy at Winn-Dixie:
- Meat- BOGO Deals galore and I like the quality of the meat.
- Eggs- Eggs go on sale for 99¢-$1.50/dozen in a pretty regular sale cycle.
- Bakery Items- Some stores have a day-old section, I buy from there.
- Yogurt- Yogurt is a usual Fuel Perk item and coupons are usually available.
- Frozen items: pizzas, fries, veggies, breakfast items
- Gift Cards- Get Bonus Fuel Perks
- Milk & Cereal- A lot of times they have a deal where you buy so many cereals and get milk FREE
Items to NOT Buy at Winn-Dixie:
- Produce- A lot of times their original price is more than Publix or Walmart, so even a BOGO sale doesn’t save me much. At my Winn-Dixie the produce isn’t the best either.
- Health & Beauty Items- Again, you have a very high starting price, so savings are not much. The best place to get Health & Beauty items is at a drug store.
- Pasta: Usually pasta deals are better at Publix
- If you have a baby, sign up for Winn-Dixie’s Baby Club. You will get valuable coupons in the mail. Click here to join.
- Winn-Dixie allows coupon stacking. You may stack a store coupon on top of a manufacturer’s coupon.
- Winn-Dixie accept’s competitor coupons. My local Winn-Dixie recently started allowing you to use competitor coupons. Unlike Publix, you can use drug store coupons and stores not in your immediate area.
- Do not buy an item, just because it is a Fuel Perk Item. Sometimes the savings (if any) aren’t the best. Though you might save a little on your fuel costs you will spend more at the store.
- Don’t let your FuelPerks expire. Check your receipt to see when your Fuel Perks expire, so you use them before then. Usually they expire at the end of the month.
- Winn-Dixie likes 3 Day Sales. They usually start on Sunday and end on Tuesday. The discounts on the sale items are usually really good.
- Extra Coupons. Make sure to ask the Customer Service Desk for any extra ads or coupons that are available. My Winn-Dixie doesn’t leave them out in the open because of people who take the whole stack.
- Sign up for SavingStar. Once you sign up for SavingStar, make sure to add your Winn-Dixie Card. Then about once a month, go on to the Savingstar website/app and add all offers so you don’t miss a single rebate.
- Save your receipt for any Checkout 51 offers. Checkout 51 is a rebate program where each week a new list of items is available for rebate.
- Easily see what Winn-Dixie deals are available using Favado. Favado lists the weekly matchups and what coupons to use.
- E-coupons at Winn-Dixie. Winn-Dixie has e-coupons, but the program has temporarily paused and should be back next year. See this page to see if it is working again.
Photo Credit: Flickr CC