Thanksgiving is getting closer. This year I am going to do what I say I am going to do every year. I am going to try out a new stuffing recipe. I don’t like trying new recipes on the day of a special meal, so I try them out ahead of time to make sure they are liked by me and my immediate family before I serve guests. These stuffing recipes really have me excited to try something new!
My regular stuffing recipe is one that uses apples and sausage. My husband loves it and doesn’t really want me to change it, but I think he would love one of these new to me stuffing recipes.
- Vegan Chicken Nugget and Apple Stuffing– This recipe is perfect to make as an additional dish for for your vegan friends and family. It looks tasty too, for this meat eater!
- Cranberry Apple Walnut Stuffing – Love the idea of the fall flavors of apples and cranberries combined in this recipe!
- Sausage and Sage Stuffing
- Easy Homemade Stuffing- I love the simplicity of ingredients in this recipe, it will please everyone!
- Jewish Rye Bread Sausage and Apple Stuffing– This recipe is similar to mine, it is so good. You should really consider this recipe!
- Traditional Homemade Bread & Herb Stuffing – I love the idea of putting the stuffing in a bundt pan for a pretty presentation. I am going to try that this year!
- Chinese Sausage Stuffing– This looks so good! I think my husband would be a big fan of that wonderful sausage.
- Cornbread Stuffing– I love cornbread, but have never made cornbread stuffing. This recipe looks easy to try!
- Make Ahead Turkey Stuffing– I love the individual portion sizes that recipe makes, so much easier for serving!
- Gluten Free Stuffing – I just started choosing more gluten free options because I notice my PCOS symptoms decrease when I don’t eat much gluten.
- Apple Pecan Stuffing
- Bacon Cornbread Stuffing – I think I could change over my sausage to bacon. Would be a wonderful compliment to my apple maple gravy I make from my turkey drippings.
Stuffing Prep Tips
- Cut up veggies the day before. Sometimes I even assemble the whole stuffing mix the day before, it all depends on if I have room in the fridge.
- Use an electric knife to get the “perfect” bread cuts. I have a really old, but good electric knife. They just don’t make them like they used to. My mother-in-law finally had to replace hers a couple years back and the Hamilton Beach brand knife has held up quite well. She loves it!
- Don’t Stuff the Turkey. You might disagree with me, but I like a crispy top stuffing and my turkeys (even if I brine them) get dry when I try stuffing the bird.
Are you trying a new stuffing recipe this year? What is your favorite stuffing recipe?
You might also like: