Last week or so I was visiting a giveaway linky blog post and noticed someone giving away a Disney Pin. On my last trip to Disney to celebrate my birthday, my vehicle was broken into. Someone stole my laptop and my FULL Disney Pin Book. I probably had over 350 pins in it that my husband and I have collected. That giveaway was one I wanted to win so I could start rebuilding my collection again. I did all of the entry options and then bookmarked Making of a Mom, so I could retweet everyday for even more entries. I mentioned in the comments about what happened to my pin collection and why I wanted to win.
Monday was the end of the contest, so I went back to the page hoping my name would be displayed on the rafflecopter. The name of the winner was not displayed so I asked on the Making of Mom’s Facebook Page, who the winner was. She asked me to email her and I did. She informed me that I didn’t win but her sister’s site, Ready for Adeventures, who sponsored the giveaway would like to do something for me because of what happened to me. Her sister would like to give me a special pin to help rebuild my collection. She was on Who Wants to be a Millionaire and they gave her a pin and she wants to give that pin to me. It is not a pin you could have bought, so that means it is VERY collectible. I was completely floored. What a kind, loving gesture!!!
One thing I have noticed about the blogging community is the outpouring of support and love most bloggers have toward each other. Bloggers give even if it does not benefit them. I can think of many bloggers who have helped me out in this first year of blogging. Here are just a few:
- Coupon Friendly gave me a shoutout on their Facebook Page when I first started my page and has offered me so much advice and support. Thank you so much Kristin and Bonny!
- Kim from Everyday Coupon Queen has let me use her Winn-Dixie matchups lists. She has also patiently answered a lot of blogging questions I have asked. She is wonderful!! Andrea from Q-Tipping Mom also shares her lists, which is so nice and she is willing to share so much.
- Brittanie from Bargains with Brittanie has given me some free advertising on her page and I have returned the favor.
- Jodi with Magical Mouse Schoolhouse and Deb from Focused on the Magic has helped me out so much with the blog hops they host, getting my name out to the Disney fan world.
- I have also gotten so much support from various Facebook Blogging groups.
- I am sure there are more people and blogs I have not mentioned and I am sorry. To every person that has helped me and there have been so many, I just want to say thank you!!
I am so glad to be part of this great blogging community!!
My challenge to you, bloggers, is to take some of your time, treasure, or talent and help another blogger to succeed and feel loved.
How can YOU help another blogger? Let me know in the comments.