The way to my heart is Disney! Even though Disney movies are labeled “children’s movies”, I think a romantic evening at home can include a Disney movie and dinner. If you are looking to snuggle up with your love, check out my Top 10 Romantic Disney Movies just in time to plan your Valentine’s Day! I have limited this list to animated movies, Disney has a lot of romantic live action movies as well.
Top 10 Romantic Disney Movies
These are in no particular order as I couldn’t make up my mind for an order. I love them all!
- Up– Disney tells the best love story in the first ten minutes of the movie. Then you laugh as Carl makes true to his promise to his wife. The part that gets me bawling every time I watch the movie is at the end of the movie when he looks at the last page of The Adventure Book. The movie reminds me that a beautiful life is the moments that might not be big and flashy, but calm and cozy.
- Beauty and the Beast– A classic love story of a beautiful girl falling in love with a man with a grisly exterior. Her softness creates a prince! Some men are just princes with a beastly exterior, reminds me so much of my husband!
- Tangled-Another classic love story. Good girl Rapunzel changes and softens bad boy hottie, Flynn Ryder. I think “I See The Light” is one of the most romantic songs out there.
- Lady and the Tramp– The romantic tale of a sheltered uptown Cocker Spaniel dog and a streetwise downtown Mutt. Sometimes love comes without you expecting it!
- Aladdin– I love the idea of a man willing to do anything to get the attention of the girl he loves. I am so glad he chose to get honest with her though because trust is important in relationships. My first dance song at my wedding was “A Whole New World” because the words are so romantic.
- Pocahontas– An English soldier and the daughter of an Algonquin chief share a romance when English colonists invade seventeenth-century Virginia. A love that transcends race. Love knows no skin color.
- The Princess and the Frog– Sometimes falling for your best friend’s crush is inevitable. Tiana didn’t mean to fall in love, she was concentrating on her career. Tiana’s love story is one that proves that love will find you, even if you are not looking for it.
- The Little Mermaid– A mermaid princess makes a bargain with an unscrupulous sea-witch in order to meet a human prince on land. Ariel went many lengths to get Prince Eric. Sometimes our mistakes put bumps into our love stories, but in the end it all works out!
- Hercules-The son of the Greek Gods Zeus and Hera is stripped of his immortality as an infant and must become a true hero in order to reclaim it. Ok, who doesn’t want to be the woman that Hercules rescues? I don’t think Megara had any choice but to fall in love with the gorgeous Hercules.
- WALL-E-In the distant future, a small waste-collecting robot inadvertently embarks on a space journey that will ultimately decide the fate of mankind. A love story between two robots. Lots of romance abounds between WALL-E and EVE.
Which Disney movie has your favorite romance in it?