Meeting characters and interacting with them is one of my favorite things to do! Today I want to share with you my Top Character Meet & Greets at Hollywood Studios. This list may change in the future as Hollywood Studios is going through some major changes with the addition of Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land. I will keep the list updated as new characters are brought out and others are retired.
Post updated 4/19/2017.
Top Character Meet & Greets at Hollywood Studios
- Buzz Lightyear & Woody. I know Buzz Lightyear is also at the Magic Kingdom but Buzz and Woody both have an INDOOR line and the back drop is cute! They are located right across the street from Toy Story Mania.
- Toy Soldier. You will find toy soldiers all around the Toy Story area. This is a very easy to get meet and greet and they are a lot of fun to play with.
- Sorcerer Mickey. I am so happy Sorcerer Mickey has a regular place now after being kicked out of his Art of Animation building. Guests can join Mickey in a scene from “Fantasia,” where he’s portraying his iconic role of the Sorcerer’s Apprentice. The scene is perfect and even better than the plain backdrop he has in the Art of Animation building.
- BB8. BB8 is one of the coolest character interactions there is at Walt Disney World! BB8 talks and interacts with you. A cast member helps interpret what he is saying but the movements let you know BB8 is really expressing his thoughts. I had a blast meeting him!
- Olaf. I have been waiting for Olaf for a long time. Disneyland got him awhile ago and I was wondering when Walt Disney World would get our turn. I was able to see him his first day and gave him a big warm hug! I am not sure if he will move to Epcot once the Frozen ride gets completed. I will keep you updated. His line is partly indoors and partly outdoors, but you are not in the sun so it is not that bad on a summer day.
- Kylo Ren. If you are a Star Wars fan, than Kylo Ren should be on your character meet and greet bucket list. He is kind of intimidating in a good way. He makes a very memorable interaction.
- Chewbecca. Chewie such a warm, huggable character. Even if you aren’t a huge Star Wars fan he is a must see. He gives great hugs. Both Chewbecca and Kylo Ren meet in the Star Wars Launch Bay, which is fully air conditioned and a perfect escape from the heat.
- Doc McStuffins. Doc McStuffins meets right outside of the PlayHouse Disney area. Her line is partly shaded, but is outdoors. You can also meet her and all the Disney Junior friends at the Hollywood and Vine character breakfast.
- Jake the Neverland Pirate. Jake is also fun to see, He is also outside of the the PlayHouse Disney area. If you are a fan of any of the PlayHouse characters and are “grown up” please do not feel silly getting in line (even without kids) to meet these characters. I watch Disney Junior shows all the time.
- Princess Sofia. Princess Sofia is such an amazing little princess. Her show teaches little children how to be kind to others and so much more. She also meets in the PlayHouse Disney Area.
Bonus Tip: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like A2M Travel. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice, and their services are totally FREE! Let them know Pixie Dust Savings sent you!
Who is your favorite character at Hollywood Studios? What character meet and greet do hope to make it to on your next Disney vacation? Let me know in the comments.
Also Check Out: