This week has gone pretty good! It has been a chilly week and pretty rainy so a lot of my activities have been inside. I am not complaining though about the chilly weather. For me it is most welcome. I am not a fan of Florida’s 80+ degree days, which are coming back this weekend. I have a treadmill that my hubby found for me on the side of the road for free and I was going to use it but discovered my adorable lab chewed the chord (not sure when he did it bc I haven’t used my treadmill in forever). Hubby says he is going to fix it for me but lack of time will prevent that from happening for awhile.
So this morning I got on the scale and lost 1 pound for the week. 9 pounds since 12/29! I am disappointed with the loss. I think though that I am actually not eating enough. I eat around 1500-1700 calories. For my weight that is definitely not enough. I struggle with eating though. Since I lost 4 pounds last week, maybe this week is lower because my body is adjusting. I don’t know. I do know that I am not going to quit!
Since scale is not the only thing that determines my success here are some of my other Good Things!!
- I am measuring my food now and not just guessing. I know I should have been doing this all along but for some reason easing back into a healthier life style is more soothing to me this time than just jumping 100% in.
- My water intake has been great! 8+ glasses every day.
- I have been working on my stress level. I have been praying more and listening to music more.
Here are some things I want to start working on.
- My current walking time is 20 min/mile. I would like to reduce that. I use RunKeeper to keep track of how fast I am.
- I want to make sure I eat 2-3 servings of veggies every day. Maybe I can snap pictures to keep myself accountable and post some of them here and on instagram. Eventually that number will be higher, but I am not a very big veggie fan so even 2-3 servings is a HUGE step for me.
So, how has this week been for you concerning healthy choices?