Certain attractions at Disney are super popular, like Toy Story Mania and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train Ride. If you don’t get a Fastpass for those rides or want to ride them more than once you are going to be standing in a very long ride line. Lines can’t always be avoided. Lines can also be long for several character meet and greets because of many of them do not even offer Fastpass options. Have Fun in Disney Ride Lines with these 20+ Things To Do While Waiting in Line!
Things To Do While Waiting in Line
If you want to lower the amount of rides and attractions you have to wait in long lines for, check out my Ultimate Guide to Disney’s Fastpass+.
Activities that don’t use Technology:
- Play I-Spy- This is especially fun to play in the Toy Story Mania Ride because of all the fun theming! You can also bring along a Disney themed I Spy Book.
- Play 20 Questions
- Meet a new friend-With the amount of people at the parks from different backgrounds, you could learn something you don’t already know.
- The Alphabet Game– Find the letters of the alphabet from A-Z on objects around you like clothing and signs.
- Look for Hidden Mickeys. I highly recommend Hidden Mickeys: A Field Guide to Walt Disney’s World Best Kept Secrets
- Character Alphabet Games -For example: Cinderella —-> Ariel —-> Lady.
- Play Mickey/Simon Says
- Play 2 Truths, 1 Lie– Players take turns telling two truths and one lie, while the other players try to distinguish the falsehood.
- Thumb Wrestle-Lock your right hand with your opponent’s hand with thumbs up. Move your thumbs side to side and you both chant “One! Two! Three! Four! I declare a thumb war!” and then try to pin your opponent’s thumb with your thumb without letting go of their fingers.
- Play I’m Going on a Picnic with Pooh– This is an alphabet/memory game. Start the game by saying “I’m going on a picnic with Pooh and I am bringing an Apple (or apricot, or aardvark, etc.). The next person says “I’m going on a picnic with Pooh and I am bringing an Apple and a Balloon” The next person tries to remember everything the person before brought and adds their word to the end in alphabetical order. When the person can’t remember all the items in order they are out.
- Play Name that Disney Tune– One person chooses a well-known song and hums the tune. The other players try to guess the song. The person that guesses gets to hum the next song.
- Eat a snack. Eating always seems to make the time fly.
- Enjoy the Ride Queue– Several Rides have fun things to do while you pass the time. My favorites are the Winne the Pooh Ride, The Little Mermaid Ride, Haunted Mansion, and Peter Pan’s Flight.
- Play Rock, Paper, Scissors
- Geography Game– A version of the alphabet, one must name a location (city, state, country, lake, etc.) that starts the with last letter of the previous answer. For example: Florida —-> Anaheim —-> Mexico.
- Play This or That (Disney Style)– Would you rather have lunch with Elsa or Cinderella? Who would you rather play a game with: Judy Hopps or Tigger?
Smartphone Games and Apps
- Heads Up– free app. I see so many people playing this game in line. Use Heads Up Pictures for smaller kids.
- Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram– Update your status and share photos with your friends
- Share Disney Trivia
- Play Disney Games– my favorites are Tsum Tsum, Emoji Blitz, Dream Treats, and Frozen Free Fall
- Take Silly Selfies! Feel free to share your selfies in the Pixie Dusted Disney Fan Facebook Group!
What are your favorite things to do while waiting in amusement park lines?
Bonus Tip: Consider planning and booking your next Disney trip with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner you can trust like A2M Travel. They’ll help you get the best price for your vacation, share expert advice, and their services are totally FREE!