Disclaimer: I received complimentary admission to this movie for review purposes. All opinions are my own.
You fell in love with Dory over 10 years ago in Finding Nemo. Dory has this quirky behavior because of short term memory loss. We laughed along with her as she made silly mistakes, but loved her because of her heart and faithfulness. Finding Dory is the heart warming story of Dory’s childhood and Dory realizing that she can accomplish anything. Disney/Pixar did not fail with this movie. It is everything we wanted and more! What would Dory do? Dory would go see Finding Dory!
This movie teaches some awesome life lessons. I am not going to spoil any part of the movie, but I am going to share with you some things that I think Dory learns while looking for her family. When you come up against a challenge just think like Dory!
What Would Dory Do?
- Dory would trust herself. You would think that would be hard with short term memory loss, but it is something she learns. She might not remember everything, but the things that she can remember she trusts that she is right. Don’t lose faith in yourself because of your weaknesses.
- Dory would be fearless. Remember in Finding Nemo where Dory just visited with Bruce, bounced on the jellies, and rode the EAC? She never questioned herself. She trusted that all will be good. Try new things! Do the impossible!
- Dory wouldn’t let anything stop her from reaching her goal. Many times in Finding Nemo, Marlin wanted to give up, not Dory. Dory doesn’t let anything or anyone stop her from trying to locate her family. She is on a mission. Things may seem like obstacles, but like Dory you got to push through and not let anything get in your way.
- Dory would be a true friend. True friends are hard to find and Dory is such a true friend. She is a true friend to Marlin and Nemo, even when Marlin’s anxious behavior pushes her away. In Finding Dory she realizes that friends are also family. What does Dory Do? She makes new friends like Hank, a fun octopus! You and your kids are going to love Hank as well.
Tips from Dory:
- Don’t miss the short in the beginning of the movie! Piper is about the cutest Pixar short to date! You have to look twice to verify you are watching animation. It goes great with the movie and I am sure it will win some awards.
- Stay for the end credits scene! It is EPIC, especially if you are a fan of Finding Nemo. I would almost venture to say that it is the best part of the movie.
- Don’t skip the 3d. Usually, I say skip it, but it does add a bit to the movie with how real the animation looks.
- Bring Tissues. I don’t think I was the only one who cried a couple times during this movie. On the plus side, the laughs were just as plentiful.
- Bring Finding Dory Home. My favorite picks are the Finding Dory Coffee Pot Play Set from Target, the Hugging Otters Interactive Plush Set (after seeing the movie, you will see why this is a must-have item even for adults) from the Disney Store, and the Finding Dory Back Pack and Lunch Kit from Amazon.
If you love Finding Dory have fun with these Free Finding Dory Printable Activity Sheets!